Thursday, October 29, 2009

TO DIE FOR THURSDAY: It's Party Time, Part 2!

Last Thursday, I started recapping the fun products and projects from Gabrielle and Alaina’s first birthday party in this It’s Party Time post. Now it’s time for part two!

You may remember the cupcake tower I talked about:



Well, it wasn’t the only thing prettying up the sweet treats.  I used a variety of cupcake toppers to decorate not only the cupcakes themselves....


 

But also the food at the buffet.




The super cute Monogrammed Cupcake Toppers were from Lil Boo and Co. and I just love how they look hand stitched.



They come in sets of 12 so I got 4 g’s for Gabrielle, 4 a’s for Alaina and 4 of the number 1. Lil Boo and Co. has so many options for these toppers – different shapes, fonts, colors and more – so you’re sure to find something that fits with your little one’s party theme.

A fellow MoM made the adorable picks with Gabrielle and Alaina’s pictures on them.



I don’t know if you can tell in these photos but the crowns had actual rhinestones on them and the birthday hats had pom poms.


 
The picture picks were such a big of hit with our guests that people took them home as souvenirs! I had to grab the last two out of the veggie plate so I’d have them to put in the girls’ scrapbooks. My friend, Sara, who made them is in the process of opening a shop on Etsy but if you’d like to place or order in the meantime, visit Peanut and Pumpkin Design for more information on how to do it.

But the picks weren’t Sara’s only contribution to the party! She also made the fabulous “1”sies (as I like to call them) that the girls changed into for the cake smashing.




Their “1”sies had coordinating fabric appliqués and the sweetest matching hats which unfortunately, my monkeys refused to wear.



You can get birthday onesies, initial tees and more at Peanut and Pumpkin Design.

In my opinion, every birthday girl, regardless of age, should wear a tutu, and Gabrielle and Alaina loved theirs!



They were made by another MoM friend, who sells them through her Etsy store, Tutu Cute Designs. She has lots of colors to choose from and you get a matching headband free with each tutu order. Can’t go wrong with that!


Now onto the party favors. You may remember a while back, I posted about a Recycled Chunky Crayon project and how I made a bunch of Butterfly Crayons for Gabrielle and Alaina’s party. Well, guess what? The kids loved them!



They were part of the favor buckets (purchased from Christmas Tree Shops) that I personalized using foam letter stickers.





Besides a crayon, each child also got a slinky, some butterfly tattoos, star-shaped sunglasses, a silly straw, some play doh and a few other little trinkets I got from Oriental Trading and Party City



They also had homemade chocolate butterfly lollipops courtesy of my mother.



Each bucket was adorned with a 3D butterfly tag from the fantastic party supply shop Mary Had a Little Party:



We also had coordinating cupcake toppers with the 3D butterflies on them but I think the favor tags were one of my favorite elements at the party. Kristen, the store owner, made them for us in three different colors and they were the perfect finishing touch on the favors.



Since we had more than 15 kids aged 1-9 at the party, I had a few fun things on hand to keep the them amused. I bought a bunch of crafts from Oriental Trading including design-your-own 3D Butterflies:



And foam Make-Your-Own Bug Frames:



The kids loved putting them together almost as much as the enjoyed playing with the Butterfly Bubbles.



The bubbles were so easy to make and I love how they turned out! 



I simply took some bubbles (I highly recommend ordering the label-free bottles from Oriental Trading), cut some scrapbook paper to fit the bottles, attached it with double stick tape and glued a butterfly on top. We made most of the butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch.



Now you have all of the details of Gabrielle and Alaina’s first birthday party. Were you inspired to try some of these projects yourself or do you have some fun ideas from your little one’s birthday bash that you want to share? E-mail afomft@gmail.com with the details and some pictures and your party could be featured on AFOMFT!

But that’s not all! I’ve got two great new giveaways for you. Check out the posts below for more info and don’t forget to visit this post to enter to win the banner of your choice from AE Scrapbooking before 11:59 pm EST tonight!


Images: AFOMFT, Ariana Falerni, Oriental Trading
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the cupcake tower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday party looks wonderfuk. You had a great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are beautiful pics. Darling babies! Happy Number 1!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!