I was really torn about how to dress Gabrielle and Alaina for Halloween. They're too young to trick or treat (although I'm sure my husband and I will find something to do with any candy they do collect) and since they're not walking yet, their outfits must be stroller friendly. So those cute ladybug and bumblebee costumes with the wings on the back I had picked out? Not going to work. When I was younger, my mother used to make the cutest costumes for my brother and me, and while I would love to create something totally unique for my girls, as you've seen me post before, I have yet to master my sewing machine. So what's a non-sewing mama of two non-walking 1 year olds to do? Buy two kits from DIY Costumes of course!
As soon as I got a look this Etsy store, I fell in love. Each kit contains all of the supplies you need to turn a simple sweat suit into a creative, unique and adorable costume. And the best part? No sewing skills required!
All you have to buy is a sweat suit (or a turtleneck) and one of the kits from DIY Costumes and you're ready to go. There are plenty of options to choose from and they're sorted into three categories based on the amount of time you want to invest in the project. Only have 15 minutes to spare? Your little one can be a Totally Cool Turtle:
A Lovely Ladybug:
Or a Cute Little Cow:
If you have 45 minutes at your disposal, you can make a Marvelous Monkey:
Or a Perfect Little Panda:
And if you're a mini-Martha in the making and can set aside two hours for costume crafting, your munchkin could be a Little Lion:
A Dangerous Dinosaur:
Or my personal favorite, a Seriously Scary Shark:
Want your own DIY Costume? There are kits for big kids too.
Little effort, lots of bragging rights - the perfect solution to the Halloween costume dilemma. Even if you already have a Halloween outfit all picked out, DIY Costumes are great for playing dress up too. Oh and one more thing. 10% of profits from DIY Costumes is donated to the World Wildlife Fund so you can do good while looking good. What's not to love about that?
Cassie from DIY Costumes is giving away one costume kit to an AFOMFT reader! To enter, visit DIY Costumes and post a comment telling us which kit you'd choose and who it would be for.
For additional entries:
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber.
- Become a fan of AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN -- and leave a message on our wall telling us which costume you'll choose if you win.
- Become a fan of DIY Costumes on Facebook -- www.facebook.com/DIYcostumes
- Follow AFOMFT on FB by clicking the link on the right side of the blog.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter and tweet this giveaway: Enter to win a DIY Costume kit at A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog about AFOMFT or this giveaway (worth 2 entries) and post a link to the post.
Images: DIY Costumes