Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TEN THINGS TUESDAY: Snow Day Edition


It may be close to 50 degrees today but on Saturday, we were braving a mini-blizzard in Rhode Island which got me thinking about fun things to do, eat and play with on snowy days so here's my round up of ten wintery things I'm loving this week.

DIY Toy I'm Loving, Part 1:  This easy to make magic paint board from For Reals Mom is sure to keep kids of all ages busy on cold days!



DIY Toy I'm Loving, Part 2:  If your little ones are anything like mine, they'll flip for this super simple spoon puppet theater from Creative Jewish Mom.



Dress Up Idea I'm Loving:  Have some paper plates?  Then your kids can transform them into animal masks, like these from Preschool Playbook.



Lunch I'm Loving:  If it's too cold to build a snowman outside, take a page from the Iowa Farmer's Wife and let your little ones build an edible one inside!



Dinner I'm Loving, Part 2:   Mama Loves Food's recipe for crock pot baked potato soup will warm you up even on the most blustery day!



Crafty DIY I'm Loving, Part 1:  If their regular toys are losing their appeal, let your kiddos hit your pantry and use this how to from Playdough Recipes to make their own - from Jello!




My New Accessory I'm Loving:  Art never smelled as good as it will when you make your own scratch-and-sniff paint using Kool Aid and this tute from The Picky Apple.



Yummy Treat I'm Loving, Part 1:  Pink and Green Mama shows you how to make your own gummy candy.



Yummy Treat I'm Loving, Part 2:  And Cookies and Cups shares a recipe for two ingredient strawberry fudge.  Delish!



Super Cool Craft I'm Loving:  Bkids shows how you can bring a little taste of the cold indoors by letting the kids make their own igloos using vellum and paper mache.  



Dessert I'm Loving:  A boring old ice cream cone gets a winter twist when it's transformed into a snowman, like this one from This Homemade Life.


I would love to hear about the things you're loving right now!  Share the app, movie, book, craft idea, TV show, whatever that's got you giddy in the comments and your picks might be included in next week's TEN ON TUESDAY feature.  And for more of my favorite things, check out my Pinterest boards!

Please note that this list is made up of things I actually use, read, watch, try, etc. and truly enjoy.  These opinions are my own and I was not compensated in any way to share them here.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via The Shopping Mama, it's super cute! And that strawberry fudge looks amazing. :) I'm not sure if you've yet to discover Joyfolie shoes yet for your little girls but they always make my top ten and I have been obsessed since the day I stumbled upon them. I started buying them pre-kids because they were such gorgeous works of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen and welcome! I love Joyfolie shoes and having two girls makes them especially dangerous. Breaks my heart whenever they grow out of a pair or get them dirty. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Thanks for the love!