Our first ever YOU TAKEOVER TUESDAY question comes from Melissa, who's decorating a nursery for her daughter. Here's what she e-mailed:
I'm almost done with the nursery for my daughter Violet, who's due in November but I'm stumped about what to hang over her changing table. The room is painted Rose Blush by Benjamin Moore, her bedding is Brooke from Pottery Barn Baby and the dresser her changing pad is on is about 60 inches wide. I'd like to find some sort of art to fill the space that fits the nature theme of her bedding but isn't too babyish. I know this sounds silly but we've been calling Violet our little night owl because she's most active when I go to sleep so if you can find any owl-themed art, all the better!
Thanks for the e-mail, Melissa! Here's what I came up with for you based on this swatch of Rose Blush:
And the PBK Brooke bedding:
I'm a big fan of grouping smaller pictures together instead of one big piece so I went on a quest for the perfect set of art. When I found Etsy seller lindasolovic, I knew I'd hit the jackpot.
Each limited edition print from lindasolovic is of one of her original collages created using art paper. I just love how these three owl prints pick up the pink of the nursery walls as well as the other colors in Violet's bedding. And because they're 8x11, once framed, this trio will fill the space above the changing table perfectly, and will always remind Melissa and her husband of the nickname they gave their little girl.
If the owls aren't up Melissa's alley, this grouping of nature themed collages is another fun option:
And last but not least, I love the modern and whimsical look you get with these four prints from lindasolovic's Pop Posies Collection:
This foursome is far from babyish and could be a part of Violet's room decor for years to come. I think they may be my favorites of the bunch.
Melissa, I hope you like the options I came up with and be sure to let us know what you end up choosing!
Need the perfect piece of art for your little one's room? You can score one of lindasolovic's limited edition prints right here! To enter, visit Linda's Etsy shop and leave a comment telling us which print you'd like to win and where you'd put it. It's that simple!
For additional entries:
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber.
- Become a fan of AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN -- leave a message on our wall telling us which item from lindasolovic you'd like to win.
- Follow AFOMFT on FB by clicking the link on the right side of the blog.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter and tweet this: Check out this great art giveaway on A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT RT Please!
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog about AFOMFT or this giveaway (worth 2 entries) and post a link to the post.
Images: Pottery Barn Kids, Benjamin Moore & lindasolovic