Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FAVORITE WEBSITE WEDNESDAY: Bakerella

Gabrielle and Alaina's first birthday party is this weekend and I've spent the past few weeks scouring the Internet for ideas and inspiration.  I've discovered some amazing websites and blogs but find myself constantly going back to one in particular - Bakerella.

Before we go any further, I have a confession to make.  While I've often dreamt of whipping up beautiful pies and delectable cakes, I can't bake.  I even got one of those glistening Kitchen Aid mixers hoping it would motivate me to attempt some sweet treats.  Yet two years later, it still sits alone, gathering dust in a cabinet, never having been used.  But now that I've found Bakerella, that's all going to change. 



What I love move most about Bakerella is that it focuses on fun and easy baking.  None of the recipes are intimidating, even for a novice like me.  You can find recipes and instructions for everything from the adorable cupcake pops pictured above (a Bakerella signature creation!) and these funky flower cake pops:



To cookies, desserts and these yummy takes on the traditional pie:



Martha Stewart liked Bakerella's creations so much that she invited her on her show to demonstrate how to make the cupcake pops.  I mean really, impressing Martha?  Does it get any better than that?

So even though Gabrielle and Alaina's first birthday party hasn't happened yet, I'm already planning their super sweet second.  I'm envisioning a beautiful buffet filled with all of Bakerella's delicious desserts and a design-your-own cupcake pop station for the kids.  You probably think I'm crazy but trust me, once you visit the site, you'll get the baking bug too!

.


Images: Bakerella
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. We love Bakerella here too!

    I will warn you that the pie pops didn't turn out that great. We felt the same way that she did in her post about them -- too much crust and not enough filling. I hope that she keeps trying to refine that recipe though b/c the idea was awesome!

    (We tried to make these for M&S's 1st birthday this year, and the entire night before the party was spent making them only to realize that they didn't taste very good and we scrapped the whole thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are so cute! I hope they turn out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the WORST baker around and usually hire that out or force my sisters to back for me. I may give this a shot anyways though...they are just all so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!