Today's FUNDAY MONDAY giveaway post is a little different than usual. Yes, I'll be giving away something fab - a $50 gift card to Target! - but this time, you need to do some giving too.
Two of my friend have little boys suffering from Mitochondrial Disease. Ben and Grant are two of the sweetest and cutest kiddos you've ever met and the fact that these toddlers face such an uphill battle breaks my heart. But their mothers and families are true fighters and are determined to beat this disease, and I'm hoping you'll all join me in helping them achieve that.
Grant's 14 year old sister, Delaney, started a Facebook page to help raise awareness about Mito called Wish GRANTed.
Delaney is hoping to get 10,000 "likes" in a week and she's almost at 3,500 after just a few days. Please click on over to Wish GRANTed and hit "like" to help Delaney reach her goal!
And on September 18th, I'll be walking for Ben's Buddies in the 2011 MitoAction Energy Walk & 5K Run for Mitochondrial Disease in South Boston. Please visit my personal page here and consider donating to sponsor our team or joining us as a virtual walker or in person if you're in the area. Every dollar raised can help make Mito a thing of the past.
Please spread the word about Wish GRANTed and the MitoAction Walk! By doing so, not only will you be able to enter to win a $50 gift card to Target from AFOMFT, but you can also head over to Pyjammy's Triplets and enter to win a $20 CafePress gift certificate there too. Giving back has its perks!
To enter to win a $50 Target Gift Card, please leave a comment below for any of the following actions:
- "Like" Wish GRANTed on Facebook (one entry - please leave your FB profile name)
- Share the Wish GRANTed FB link in your FB status or on Twitter (one entry each for each time you do it - please leave a link to your status or Tweet and a separate comment for each entry)
- Donate to support Ben's Buddies in the MitoAction Walk (one entry per $5 donated - leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Join the Ben's Buddies MitoAction Walk team as a virtual or in person walker or runner (one entry per $5 raised - leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Blog about these awareness and fundraising efforts including the links to Wish GRANTed and Ben's Buddies (worth five entries - please leave a separate comment for each one along with a link to your blog post)
Please leave a separate comment for each entry and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only and ends September 6th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on September 7th. If the winner does not contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!