Thursday, August 4, 2011

ANYTHING GOES THURSDAY: Back-To-School Photo Ideas


With school starting just around the corner, I thought I'd take today's ANYTHING GOES THURSDAY post to share some fun ways to photograph your kids on their first day.

I've posted this cute collage from Living Locurto in the past but I had to share it one more time.


I love the little chalkboards, the details of their first-day-of-school outfits and the sweet shot of both kiddos together.

I found another fun way to use chalkboards over on Make and Takes, where you can get all the detes on how to make this thought bubble.


Or you can keep things simple and just scrawl your kid's class year on a wall.


I think the simplicity of these pictures from Mommy Minded is stunning!


If chalk isn't your thing, why not use an apple as your prop, like in this photo from Club CK?


Or go with one of my all-time favorite ideas from Blonde Designs.


This picture always pus a smile on my face.  It's so darling!  And if you can't coax a smile out of your child, it's no big deal.  That's my kind of photo op.

Here are a few more ways to photograph your kiddo, sans signage.  Documenting your little one with their best friend?  Adorable!


This shot from Angie at I Heart Faces of the walk to the bus says so much!


An anticipatory smile at the bus is priceless.


And this series of shots from Lisa Bearnson is fabulous.  Outside the building:


Keeping everything balanced:


And saying goodbye to mom.


I'm tearing up just looking at that photo!

I'll be taking my first set of first-day-of-school photos of Gabrielle and Alaina this year and I think I'm going to attempt a combination of some of the shots above.  What are you planning for your kid's back-to-school pictures?  I'd love to hear!  And for more photo and other school days ideas, check out my Back-To-School Board on Pinterest.

Images: Living Locurto, Make & Takes, Mommy MindedClub CK, Blonde Designs, Ohdeedoh, I Heart Faces, Walgreens & Lisa Bearnson
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!