One of my favorite blog friends is Bird from Bird Crafts. I'm sure you've seen me posting abut her parties here and on Facebook and if you haven't already, you really must check out her site. In addition to sharing and planning fabulous fetes, like this Rainbow Party:
Bird also has some of the best tutorials around, like the how to for this cute cupcake stand:
That's what I love most about her - she doesn't just brag about her achievements. She wants to help her readers create parties that are as amazing as hers are.
So I was so excited when she signed on as part of PROJECT SECRET SANTA. Bird put together a terrific tutorial for how to make some super sweet Christmas trees that will be perfect for decorating tables at your Secret Santa party or could be a great craft for the guests too. Without further ado, here's Bird with all of the DIY details.
TUTORIAL: Paper Xmas Tree Decoration
Thank you so much to AFOMFT for inviting me to take part in this worthy cause for PROJECT SECRET SANTA! I think the fact that Jack looked so adorable with his little Santa hat in the picture helped a lot - I just could not resist!! :)
As a mom of two young children myself, I can't even begin to imagine what Jack's parents must have gone through, and I'm very glad to be able to help in any way to Jack's Toy Drive in memory of such a beautiful little boy!!
As I design and style printable children's parties, I thought today that I'd share a paper craft tutorial that's very easy and quick to make. These sweet paper trees will surely help to embellish any corner of your party table, mantle or kid's tables! Your little ones can also get stuck in and help with this easy and inexpensive craft! :)
What you'll need:
* FREE Paper Template - Download yours here
* Scrap-booking paper (I used the ones included in the Christmas Candyland Party Collection)
* Paper glue, hot glue
* Craft scissors
* OPTIONAL: Ribbon, buttons, pom-poms for embellishing the tops of the trees
Told you it was easy!
That's all folks, hope you've enjoyed the tutorial, and feel free to pop by Bird Craft Party Blogs for a chat and a slice of cake! ;)
Isn't that fun? And Bird has generously offered her Christmas Candyland Printable Collection to AFOMFT readers who buy a toy for Jack's Toy Drive at a 50% discount! For just $7, you'll get all of these goodies:
CUSTOMIZABLE digitally by you:
* Party Invitation: 5" x 7"
* Rectangular food labels: 4 designs
* Fancy candy jar labels: 2 sizes
* Party signs: Use as table décor and more!
* Rectangular gift tags: 2 x Merry Christmas, 2 x Happy Holidays, 4 x "To and From" designs
* Blank Party labels: 4 designs to use as you wish!
* 2 " round gift tags: 2 x blank, 1 x Thank you and 1 x Merry Christmas
* Party icons: 2 sizes Candycanes, Robin. Use as toppers, table décor or use to make a garland!
* 2 patterned sheets: Festive Motif and Red and White Stripes
* Cupcake toppers: 6 designs, some read "Happy Xmas" and "Merry Christmas"
* Straw flags: 2 designs
* Welcome sign: 5" x 7"
* A4 Welcome sign 8" x 11"
* Candy bag horizontal labels: 2 designs that read "Take Out Xmas Candy"
* Cupcake wrappers: 2 designs
Who wouldn't love coming to a party with all of those marvelous printables? To get the 50% discount, buy at least one toy from the Jack's Toy Drive Amazon Wish List and then fill out THIS FORM. Once it's completed, you'll receive the discount code.
A hug thanks to Bird for being a part of PROJECT SECRET SANTA. To stay up-to-date on all of the tutorials, parties and freebies she has to offer, be sure to visit all of her sites:
For more about PROJECT SECRET SANTA, check out this POST.