Hobby horses from Manely Recycled! Just look at the cuteness!
I know, I know, you're probably thinking that you can get hobby horses anywhere but the ponies from Manely Recycled are really unique. Each one is handmade by Amy, a mom to three boys under 4, from recycled and upcycled materials she buys from thrift stores, which makes every horse one of a kind. She says her boys fall in love with each pony she creates and they love to see photos of them in their new forever homes. Does it get any sweeter than that?
I can totally see how Amy's little guys would be head-over-heels for this Puff Dragon version:
Your little princess will love riding off on the Pink Leopard pony!
Or these fabulous unicorns.
And the plaid reins on the Molly horsey make me smile.
Amy very generously sent me a pony for Gabrielle and Alaina to try out. I was immediately impressed with the details. The yarn mane is super soft and the length of the dowel is perfect for toddlers.
And our guy has a pretty brown button eye!
It was love at first sight for Gabrielle. She gave the pony kisses.
And stroked his mane.
She even took him for a ride on her rocking cow.
Unfortunately, I can't show you what Alaina thought because when I tried to give her the pony, Gaby held tight and gave me this face:
Yeah, we're still working no that sharing thing. Obviously, I'll be ordering another hobby horse from Manely Recycled before World War III breaks out at our house!
If you're like me and like buying mom-made green products then the ponies from Manely Recycled should be going on your holiday list, which is why they're one of our HOLIDAY GIFT PICKS.
And if your little one loves polka dots or is all about the color yellow, Amy can make custom a pony to your specifications (provided she can find the right materials). Because each horse is totally handmade, make sure you place your order before December 5th to guarantee delivery in time for Christmas (you can pay for expedited shipping after the 5th too) or if you miss the deadline, you can buy the little cowboy or cowgirl on your list a gift certificate instead.
And boy am I glad to find a great gift that my kids love without any bright plastic or batteries required. Hallelujah!
Amy has graciously offered to give away one custom-made hobby horse to a lucky AFOMFT reader! To enter, visit Manely Recycled and post a comment here telling me what you'd like your horse to look like if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber.
- Visit Manely Recycled on Etsy and add the store to your favorites.
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook
- "Like" Manely Recycled on Facebook and leave a comment that A Few of My Favorite Things sent you.
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: It's the Holiday Happening on @AFOMFT w/ a giveaway-a-day all month! #Win an upcycled hobby horse 4 your kiddo - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Grab our HOLIDAY HAPPENING button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
Please note that Manely Recycled sent me one hobby horse for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. The opinions I've shared of their products are my own and yours may differ.
Images: AFOMFT & Manely Recycled