Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CRAFTASTIC: A Simple DIY Father's Day Gift

I've got Dad's Day on the brain this week as you may have noticed from yesterday's post on Easy Father's Day Artwork, and when I spotted this on Pinterest today (have I mentioned I'm totally addicted???), I knew I had to share it.


I know, I know, you're probably wondering what a necklace has to do with Father's Day.  Well, that's actually a DIY finger print pendant, and while a lot of dads probably wouldn't go for sporting it around their necks, it would make a fabulous keychain!   Am I right or am I right?

This is all you'll need to make your own:


Just roll out some oven bake clay and roll your child's finger in it to create the print:


Then bake it, paint it, seal it and attach it to a key ring.  Easy peasy!  

And if you've got more than one child (or want to make one from all of the grand kids for granddad) you could easily include a print from each one.


Talk about a simple, inexpensive and meaningful gift for any pop or grandpop! 

For the full how to, visit Sarah Ortega Photography, and thanks to Jennifer Post for pinning this tutorial.  You can follow me on Pinterest HERE.

Images: Sarah Ortega Photography
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [18 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!