Dear AFOMFT, We're having photos taken over Labor Day weekend and I'm looking for something colorful and fun for my almost-one-year-old to wear for the pictures. She doesn't really walk so I'm hoping to find an outfit that will still look cute on a crawler - dresses always seem to look kind of funny on her when she's not standing.
Caroline, I feel your pain. I have photos taken of Gabrielle and Alaina several times a year and it never fails that I end up debating what to dress them in for weeks beforehand. You want to find something cute but no so overpowering that all you see in the pictures is the outfit, and with crawlers you definitely want something sassy on their bottom too. Cute + sassy on the bum? That's an easy equation - you need some Ruffle Bottom Bloomers from Three Yellow Starfish.
That's three layers of sass right there! I mean, seriously, does it get ANY cuter than this?
And they're not only delightful from behind - they look fabulous from the front too!
And there are lots more pretty pickings where those came from! I actually originally found Three Yellow Starfish while looking for outfits for Gabrielle and Alaina to wear for family photos last spring and I fell in love with these knot dresses.
I adore the fact that they can be worn alone in the warmer weather.
And paired with a tee and jeans when the fall rolls around.
So darling! I thought I had my mind made up, and then I spotted the reversible pinafores. You get not one:
But two dresses in one with this two-sided design.
And your little lady can wear the pinnie with just about anything - jeans:
Some amazing accessories:
Or a coordinating pair of bloomers:
Yup, Three Yellow Starfish makes them without ruffles too.
Can you stand the sweetness?
I certainly couldn't when I got a pair on Alaina. Just one look at her in the Lemony Ruffle Bottom Bloomers and I nearly died.
And she loves them just as much as I do. Want proof? My normally camera-shy toddler posed right and left to show off her new favorite outfit.
After seeing these in person, I knew I had to have two pairs of coordinating Ruffle Bottom Bloomers for Gabrielle and Alaina to wear for their second birthday pictures. Lucky for me, Margaret, the wonderful woman behind Three Yellow Starfish, is custom making them to go along with their party theme. I'll share more details and a sneak peek at the goodies when they arrive later this week.
Caroline, I hope the bloomers from Three Yellow Starfish are just what you're looking for when it comes to something "colorful and fun" for your princess to wear for her photos. After all, the company tagline is "It's good to be a baby," and when your little one is wearing Three Yellow Starfish, there's no arguing with that!
And there's no arguing with how great this giveaway is - Three Yellow Starfish has generously offered to give away one pair of Cherry Dot Bloomers to a lucky AFOMFT reader!
Love them! To enter, visit Three Yellow Starfish, add the store to your favorites and post a comment here telling me which product of theirs you like most (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends July 25th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on July 26th. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- "Like" Three Yellow Starfish on Facebook
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow the Three Yellow Starfish blog
- Follow Three Yellow Starfish & AFOMFT on Twitter (@3yellowstarfish & @AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win an adorable pair of bloomers for your little lady from @3yellowstarfish & @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
Please note that Three Yellow Starfish sent me one pair of Ruffle Bottom Bloomers for the purpose of this review. The opinions I've shared of their products are my own.
Images: AFOMFT & Three Yellow Starfish