Lately, I've been trying to be more "green" but in the wise words of Kermit the Frog, it ain't easy. And it's not always cheap, either. But when I saw the adorable and eco-friendly products from BleuRoo Handcrafted Sweetness, I got all the more motivated to join team green by replacing all of those plastic bags I use to cart around Gabrielle and Alaina's snacks with some of BleuRoo's reusable snack bags.
Not only are they great looking but they're so super functional. The large bags are 8x8 (big enough to fit two sandwiches!) and are lined with water and stain resistant nylon, making them perfect for dry or wet snacks. And if the fabric gets dirty, you can throw them in the wash.
The patterned fabric bags are so fun but my favorites are the hand-embroidered unbleached cotton ones.
I think they are beyond sweet. And for just $1.50 extra, you can have your child's name embroidered on it as well.
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about how the whole reusable bag thing would work. Would they be hard to clean? Would the Velcro closure be difficult for the girls to manage? Would they be flimsy and fall apart after a few uses? Once I received one of them, though, all of my doubts were done. First off, the bag arrived in the cutest packaging.
And when I unwrapped it, I couldn't get over how delightful the snack bag was!
The little blue bird is so charming and the quality of the bag is amazing. After seeing it, I no longer worried that my rambunctious toddlers would tear it apart trying to get at their goldfish crackers. And the nylon lining is perfect.
It's lightweight but easy to clean and I like that it's not plastic so I don't have to worry about chemicals near the girls' snacks.
So mom was sold but the real test was whether the munchkins would give it their seal of approval. I filled it up with cheerios and Alaina immediately ran off with it. She undid the top with no problem and it took about 4 seconds for her to be up to her arm in snacks.
She also really enjoyed opening and closing the bag - Velcro is a new treat for her!
After she finished her snack, Alaina carried her new bag around for 20 minutes or so putting toys in and toting them all over - I guess it's a snack holder and clutch all in one!
Since my girls are bag-a-holics like their mama, I think my next purchase from BleuRoo is going to be the Personalized Lunch Set. They'll love hauling this around!
The unbleached cotton set includes a monogrammed Tote Bag, which is ideal for lugging all of your picnic supplies.
A large reusable snack bag.
And two terrific napkins embroidered with initials.
One side of the napkin is unbleached cotton, great for scrubbing jelly off little hands, and the other side is absorbent flannel, which easily wipes up spills or takes care of running noses. Packing your kids' lunches - or your own! - will never be easier than with this fabulous group of personalized goodies. And at just $26 for all four pieces, you'll also be saving money in the long run. Handcrafted sweetness, indeed!
Thanks to BleuRoo, I'll be giving up my paper bags and Ziplocs and going reusable from this point forward. Hey, Kermit, it's easier being green than you think!
BleuRoo wants to help one of you join me in taking one small step toward saving the planet and has generously offered to give away three reusable snack bags - one personalized and two plain - to a lucky AFOMFT reader! To enter, visit BleuRoo and post a comment here telling me which item in the store is your favorite (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends July 30th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on August 3rd. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Publicly follow or subscribe via e-mail to the BleuRoo blog
- Visit BleuRoo and add the store to your favorites.
- Enter one other MIDSUMMER BLOG PARTY giveaway and leave a comment here that you did
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win three fabulous personalized reusable snack bags from BleuRoo @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
Want to enter the more of the MIDSUMMER BLOG PARTY giveaways or enter one of your own? Link up here!