So I started hunting a few weeks ago for something equally adorable for them to wear this year. I knew I'd hit pay dirt when I saw this:
Red, white and blue ruffles? Yes, please! I immediately contacted the seller, Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i, and asked if they could make me two of these darling tanks for my girls - one as shown and one with a blue ruffle on top and a red ruffle on the bottom - and was told no problem. When they arrived a week later, I couldn't believe the cuteness! Independence Day was still 10 weeks away so I folded the tops nicely and put them away in the closet. But those ruffles kept taunting me and when Memorial Day rolled around, I couldn't contain myself any longer and had to bust them out. Here's Gaby modeling hers:
And Alaina squealing with joy over how much she likes her outfit.
And sure, I may be biased, but how sweet do they look together?
Love love love! And Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i has other great red, white and blue options that would also be perfect for the 4th. This is another version of the tank I bought with more ruffles (the look on this little girl's face kills me!):
And for the boys out there, they make these terrific tie tees.
I know what you're probably thinking. "Do I really want to spend money on holiday-themed clothes my kids will wear once?" Let me assure you that the Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i tops are so cute that you'll want to put them on your kids all summer long but even if you don't, the prices are so reasonable that even one wear will be worth it. The tanks Gabrielle and Alaina are sporting? Just $7.99! The boys' shirts are $6.99 and the super ruffled tank is $12.99. Seriously, I usually spend $16 on one shirt for my girls and for that, I got two that are totally unique. When they wore them on Memorial Day, people were stopping us on the street to comment on how cute they were. That alone justified the cost! (PLEASE NOTE: If you want to receive your order in time for Independence Day, be sure to place it by June 27th!)
There are lots of fabulous handmade items in the Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i store, like this ruffle skirt with coordinating top (just $9.99 for the set!):
But one product that's near and dear to my heart is the Germie Stopper Sign:
Cristal, one of the moms behind the store, has boy/girl twins who spent time in the NICU. As I know all too well, being a parent of a preemie makes you extremely germ-phobic and the last thing you want - or any parents does, for that matter - is for people to touch your babies with their dirty hands when you're out and about. Enter Germie Stoppers! They can be hung from a stroller:
Or a car seat:
To let other know to keep their hands to themselves. Using a sign like that is so much easier than having to tell people, however well-meaning, to wash their hands before touching your child. Each Germie Stopper sign is totally unique and comes with the hanging link.
Whether you're looking for adorable and affordable clothing or something to help you keep your kids prying-stranger-free, Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i has something for you! And I can tell you from personal experience that working with Cristal and Joanna is a dream. They're collaborative and communicative, which is very refreshing.
And they're also very generous! Cristal and Joanna are giving away one of their 4th of July tops AND four Germie Stoppers to a lucky AFOMFT reader! How fantastic is that? The winner will get to choose from either the polka dot boy's tie tee or the ruffle tank my girls have, but please note it will be made with royal blue polka dot fabric instead of navy. To enter, visit Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i and makes the store a favorite, then post a comment here telling me whether you'll choose a 4th of July tee for a boy or girl if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends June 23rd at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on June 24th. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- "Like" Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i on Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/lilsteinstyles
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Publicly follow the Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i blog
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win an adorable 4th of July tee for your little one & 4 Germie Stopper signs @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog about AFOMFT or this giveaway (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and post a link to the post.
Images: Erin Alfaro Photography & Lilsteinstyles featuring sam-n-i