Isn't it purdy? Too bad what my blissfully ignorant novice mom self didn't know back then was that as soon as Gabrielle and Alaina were able to sit up, they would start grabbing and pulling at that coveted piece. As you can probably guess, it was soon taken down, leaving a big, ugly empty space that's been taunting me for, oh, more than a year now. I couldn't even bear to take a picture of that barren area to share with you because it shamed me so. And then Mary from A Great Impression e-mailed me about her vinyl wall decals. After browsing her site, I found the perfect replacement for my beloved mirror.
This scroll monogram design had the same ornate quality to it that I liked about the mirror but I wasn't sure it could fit two initials. But after e-mailing with Mary, she created one with G&A just for me, and when it arrived, I couldn't wait to put it up!
I had never applied a vinyl decal like the one from A Great Impression before (all of the others in the girls' room are reusable so I didn't worry about screwing them application up) but I have to say, it was a pretty simple process. Mary sends along very detailed instructions to follow that really help you out. I'll admit, I'm, one of those people who scans the instructions and tries to skip ahead five steps to save time, but you really do have to do these in order. All in all, it took me about 15 minutes - mostly by myself, hence the lack of photos - from unrolling the decal to having in place. Not too shabby! And look at how fabulous it looked once it was up!
I really love the detail in the decal.
There are so many little pieces and scrolls and now that it's up, I don't miss the old mirror at all.
A Great Impression has an amazing variety of vinyl wall art to choose from. There are designs for children:
Decorative elements for living or bedrooms:
And inspirational and other fun sayings to spread throughout the house.
And if you want to deck the halls in a different way this year, why not add some holiday vinyl to your walls? You know I'm partial to this one:
But these two are festive as well.
A Great Impression can make their vinyl in 24 different colors and you an even use the Custom Wall Art Preview tool to create your own! And you can always e-mail Mary to design something for you like she did for me at no additional fee. Can't go wrong with that!
And best of all, the price is right. The scroll monogram decal that Mary sent for Gabrielle and Alaina can be purchased for just $18. Such a great deal for something that packs a big punch! That's why the vinyl from A Great Impression is one of our HOLIDAY GIFT PICKS!
I'm sure you'll be able to find the perfect vinyl design for everyone on your list but be sure to get your orders in by December 15th to guarantee delivery by Christmas. Hmmmm.... that makes me think. Maybe Mary can design a cute fireplace decal for me since we don't have one. How cute would stockings look hung from that? Too bad I can't enter to win this.....
Mary has generously offered to give away a $30 store credit to one lucky AFOMFT reader! To enter, visit A Great Impression and post a comment here telling me what design you'll put it toward if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
- Subscribe to A Great Impression's newsletter
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber.
- Publicly follow A Great Impression's blog
- "Like" A Great Impression on Facebook and leave a comment that A Few of My Favorite Things sent you.
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: It's the Holiday Happening on @AFOMFT w/ a giveaway-a-day all month! #Win a $30 credit toward fab vinyl wall art - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
Images: AFOMFT & A Great Impression