And one of my favorite places to get chic but well-priced dresses is Shabby Apple. Why do I love them? Well besides having fabulous designs, they make sure that all of their pieces are what dresses were meant to be - one-piece outfits. You won't have to add a tank top or belt - if they're meant to have one, it's built in. Like the Nine to Five dress, which I own.
All you need to add is a cute pair of shoes and you're good to go. Their simple and stylish clothes make it that much easier to get out the door in the morning!
All of the Shabby Apple Women's Dresses are grouped by collections named after what inspired the designs. The Oh La La dresses are influenced by the romance of Paris, like the fun L'Amour:
The earthiness of the Berkshires brings you the Cider:
The elegant Moon River dress comes from the All That Jazz collection:
The South Pacific dresses include the stunning North Shore:
Baja is where you'll find the pretty San Gabriel.
And the Marseilles dress comes from my hometown's Central Park collection.
Aren't they all gorgeous? I would love to own each and every one. But I'm not the only one who can dress up in Shabby Apple! They also carry maternity dresses and kid's clothing. Their little girls collection starts at size 6-12 months and runs to size 8 and they have pre-teen sizes available as well. I know Gabrielle and Alaina would look adorable in the 45 Words Per Minute dress:
And the adorable Creamsicle wrap!
In addition to designing fabulous dresses, Shabby Apple is also giving back. They're partnered with Unitus, a non-profit organization that uses micro-finance to help women overcome poverty and provide a better life for their children. Shabby Apple donates 5% of its net sales to support women in India and each customer has the opportunity to donate an extra five dollars to Unitus every time she buys a dress. Every $100 donation from provides at least 20 women with access to financial services to build their dream - and the chance to live a life without poverty. Clearly, buying a dress isn't just buying a dress.
If you're ready to kick-start your wardrobe, head on over to Shabby Apple and get to browsing. I'm sure you'll find the perfect dress to put a spring in your step!
And one lucky AFOMFT reader is going to win one of her very own! That's right - Shabby Apple has generously offered to give away any of the dresses I showed above. You can choose from the women's or kid's designs. How fabulous is that?
To enter, post a comment here telling me which Shabby Apple dress you'll choose if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only and ends March 24th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on March 25th. If the winner does not contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook
- "Like" Shabby Apple on Facebook and leave a comment that A Few of My Favorite Things sent you.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win the dress of choice from Shabby Apple at @AFOMFT - so prefect for springtime! http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here - - to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did. You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
- Donate $10 to the Red Cross to help the relief efforts in Japan by texting REDCROSS to 90999 (the donation will be billed to your cell phone bill). (This is worth 5 entries so please post five separate comments saying that you made a donation)
And that's not all! Readers of AFOMFT can get 10% off all purchases by entering code MYFAVORITETHINGS10OFF at Shabby Apple through April 24th. Happy shopping!
Images: Shabby Apple