Their clothing has distinctive a military feel and for good reason - back in 1959, the Department of Defense recruited the company to revamp the military's outerwear. You know the flight jacket you think of Tom Cruise wearing in Top Gun? He might have been sporting something much different if it hadn't been for Alpha Industries!
Alpha recently launched a boy's line, featuring pint-sized versions of their men's apparel. The Collegiate Collection is Ivy League-inspired and full of rugby stripes and school crests.
I love the Blaze Jacket all the way on the right of this picture. It has a removal hoodie vest built in!
Then there's the Wildlife Collection, which is made up of soft plaid flannels and durable outwear, perfect for the little guy who adores the outdoors.
The last collection is the Classic, which draws from Alpha's signature men's designs. This is where the military styling is most apparent.
How great is the Classic outerwear? Some of my favorites include the Maverick (See? Top Gun!), a warm, nylon ﬂight jacket with vintage patches (seen below on the top right); the Weston Jr. (bottom left), a replica of Alpha's larger military-style jacket in authentic army green and the US Navy Pea Coat (middle right) which will keep your little dude warm and looking his ﬁnest.
Even the sweaters and shirts in the Classic collection reflect the military in a stylish and practical way.
Alpha Industries has men's and women's lines too, as well as some adorable clothes for girls. I'm drooling over some outerwear options for Gabrielle and Alaina. How darling is the 40's style Princess Pea Coat?
Alpha Industries has been manufacturing outerwear to protect Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps personnel. If their designs can hold up to the wear and tear of our armed forces, what your kids will put them through will be no problem!
And one lucky AFOMFT reader is going to be able to put Alpha Industries through their paces because the company has generously offered to give away one of their awesome Weston, Jr. jackets!
To enter, tell me your favorite things about having a boy or about the boy you'd give this jacket to if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends September 6th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on September 7th. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Visit Alpha Industries and post a comment here telling me what your favorite product of theirs is.
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter ( @AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win an amazing military-inspired jacket for your little guy worth from Alpha Industries at @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
Images: Alpha Industries